Looking for a Home Care Career?
Please note that all of our caregiver positions are in St. Louis City, STL County, St. Charles City, St. Charles County.
You must have a valid driver’s license, auto insurance, and a reliable vehicle in order to work for us.
We are looking for a competent Caregiver to care for our clients in a professional and compassionate manner. It’s an often demanding job as you will have to be available for most of the day and week. However, it can also be very satisfying and rewarding, since people who are ill, injured, disabled or elderly are thankful for high-quality assistance.
The ideal candidate will be patient and friendly with excellent communication skills. You should be able to follow instructions and perform a variety of tasks to help clients.
- Assist clients with ambulation and mobility around the house or outside.
- Assist clients with personal care and hygiene
- Help clients with exercises
- Plan and prepare meals with assistance from the clients (when they are able)
- Do the client’s shopping or accompany them when they shop
- Perform light housekeeping duties that clients can’t complete on their own
- Be a pleasant and supportive companion
- Report any unusual incidents
- Act quickly and responsibly in cases of emergency
- Proven experience as a caregiver minimum of 6 months
- Excellent knowledge of emergency response and first aid (CPR)
- Knowledge of housekeeping activities and cooking with attention to dietary constraints
- Willingness to adhere to health and safety standards
- Respectful and compassionate
- Good time management skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong ethics
- Physical endurance
- High school diploma or equivalent